Sports Equipment & Footwear Buyer
- Location: St Albans
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Hours: Full Time
- To deal with replenishment and transfer requests accurately and promptly to ensure the required levels of stock are available for transfer in good time.
- If required to find alternative product if the original product becomes unavailable due to supplier shortages, discontinued stock etc and raise manual orders.
- To have the ability to react to changes in demand and logistics.
- Raise manual transfers from the distribution branch and/or interbranch if required.
- To keep up to date with product knowledge and new products to the market.
- Complete backorders and if needed find alternative products when required
- To understand seasonal trends to forecast accurately whilst taking into account supplier lead times.
- Limiting potential stock issues and phasing accurately to avoid over/ under stocks.
- Organising supplier training with branch staff where possible/required to make sure the most suitable product is being sold to the customer and their needs.
- Understand individual branches and company product criteria so that each branch is supplied with the appropriate products
- Understanding the sales trends to manually fine-tune automated forecasts.
- Working with suppliers to try and achieve higher/more levels of product without over committing on spend.
- Understanding supplier discounts and how discount is applied against forecasted orders, daily business, carton quantities.
- Maintaining good relationships with suppliers, branches, colleagues and other internal departments.
- Ensure supplier queries are resolved efficiently and within the agreed time frame.
- Be an effective communicator and pass on essential information to management.
- Providing up to date information for customer services, branch management and deal with all queries and complaints in a professional manner.
- Ensure returns are carried out within the required time frame and all the necessary paperwork is completed.
- Confirm orders will arrive within our agreed supplier lead time and chase up any orders which have exceeded their delivery date and update the system accordingly.
- Ensure compliance with all company standards and procedures.
- To complete any other reasonable tasks as required by the management team.
- Able to cope under pressure to meet the demand of the business.